If you're looking for an alternative to commercial air fresheners, there are many completely safe and natural alternatives to keep your house fresh. Below is a fast and easy guide to make your very own air freshener. It only requires two ingredients; essential oils and baking soda. Let's get started.
- A small mason jar and lid
- 6 drops of desired dōTERRA essential oil. You can use any oil you want. We recommend 3 drops of On Guard Protective Blend and 3 drops of Purify Cleansing Blend
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- Pour the baking soda and essential oil into the mason jar.
- Seal the lid of the Mason jar tight.
- Poke a series of holes in the lid (do this with a hammer and a nail). Make a fun design with the holes!
- Place the jar somewhere you want to smell fresh.
Tip: If the scent begins to fade, just add more drop of oil to the jar to rejuvenate it.