How often do you clean your mattress? Almost never, right? Your mattress is in desperate need of an one on one clean day! Dust mites are tiny little bugs that can only be seen with a microscope. Dust mites can cause an allergic reaction in some people that is similar to seasonal irritations. The places where you can find dust mites are usually mattresses, pillows, carpets, upholstered furniture, and fabric-covered items.
- 1 cup baking soda (for a queen size mattress)
- 10 drops of essential oil, choose from Lavender, Eucalyptus, Wintergreen or Peppermint essential oils that are recommended to kill dust mites
- Mason jar with lid
- Remove bed linens and wash them in hot water. (Clean sheets should be used after cleaning your mattress)
- Add the baking soda and essential oils to a Mason jar. Shake to evenly distribute the oils.
- Use the sifter to distribute content on the mattress, let it sit for 30 min-1 hr and vacuum it.
This is a simple and awesome tip to get rid of dust mites. You can also clean your carpet, and upholstered furniture by using the same steps!
- 8 oz glass spray bottle
- 4 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 6 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle.
- Shake well before each use.
- Spray on mattress and other items that could be infected.
- Use as often as needed.