Did you know it was this easy to make your own laundry soap? This is a great, simple chemical-free recipe that works really well!
- 2 cups washing soda (NOT baking soda, found in the detergent isle)
- 2 cups borax (found in the detergent isle)
- 1 bar Zote pink soap, grated with a cheese grater (found in the detergent isle)
- 25 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend
- Mix washing soda, borax, and grated castile soap together.
- Add essential oil and stir well to incorporate throughout the mixture.
- Use between 1/8 cup and 1/4 cup per load, depending on how dirty the clothes are
*recommended essential oils: Lavender, Purify Cleansing Blend, Lemon, or On Guard Protective Blend
- OR - try this recipe (This one makes a lot, which is great for families that go through a lot of laundry!)
- 1 box Borax (~ 4 pound)
- 1 box washing soda (~ 3.7 pound)
- 2 Zote pink soap, grated
- 5 pounds baking soda (warehouse stores, such as Costco or Sams Club)
- 40-50 drops of your favorite essential oils or blends
Mix in a large bowl until well combined, store in a container with lid, use about 1/8 cup per load
- AND ANOTHER OPTION -
- For additional cleanliness in your laundry by adding 5 drops of Melaleuca or Protective Blend to your wash cycle.