Many over-the-counter skin creams and moisturizers contain toxic endocrine disruptors that can make you more prone to numerous health maladies. The over-the-counter lotions that are organic and paraben-free can be very expensive. Instead, use this DIY lotion made from organic ingredients as a natural dry skin remedy. It’s very cost effective as each batch makes enough to last a long time.
- 1/8 cup grated beeswax
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic sweet almond oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup organic, unrefined shea butter
- A few drops of the essential oil of your choice such as Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend, Lavender or Lemon essential oil
- Add all the ingredients except essential oils, in a double boiler on the stove over medium heat until the beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter melt.
- Make sure to heat the mixture until there are no solid particles remaining.
- Add the essential oils and heat until completely dissolved in the mixture.
- Be sure to stir while heating so the ingredients are well-dispersed throughout the mixture.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature; then, store it in the fridge until it chills and hardens. (It takes about 3 hours to harden.)
- Whip the mixture with a hand mixer for approximately 5 minutes (until it looks like runny whipped cream).
- Store in a small glass jar for 3 to 4 hours at room temperature; this will allow it to solidify.
- Keep lotion stored in the fridge to remain spoilage-free.