Back to Top
Gardener's Sweet & Minty Hand Scrub
- Melt coconut oil in a glass bowl. If you melt it over the stove, place it in a glass bowl once melted.
- Add dish soap and brown sugar to melted coconut oil. Stir thoroughly until combined.
- Allow the coconut oil mixture to cool. Once cool, whip with a spoon to create a mixture that's creamy and easy to pour.
- Add essential oils and stir again.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and keep outside by the hose or inside by the sink in the mudroom.
- To use, moisten hands and then apply a dollop of the scrub. Rub hands together vigrously until all traces of dirt are removed.
- For a firmer texture, refrigerate. Otherwise this mixture will keep for several months at room temperature.
- The combination of the dish soap and the sugar makes this scrub an extrememly effective exfoliant, which is ideal for removing stubborn dirt.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil is known for its ability to nourish the skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes and scars, so it works wonderfully alongside the coconut oil to provide a moisturizing and rejuvenating scrub.
- The Peppermint Essential Oil will leave your worn out hands with a lingering cooling sensation that will keep them feeling relaxed, fresh, and ready for the next time you head to the garden.