- 1 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)*
- silicone mold or saran wrap
* Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. The options are endless.
For relaxation, try Lavender or Serenity Calming Blend.
For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend, or Grapefruit.
For a clogged up respiratory system, try Eucalyptus or Breathe Respiratory Blend.
- In a bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornstarch, and oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice.
- Mix well with a spoon or with your hands until a soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.
- At this point you could also add food coloring, dried herbs, or flower petals to the mixture.
- If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornstarch until the consistency is right.
- Put the mixture into a silicone mold. Let it sit for at least 24 hours before removing from mold. (If you don’t have a silicone mold, you could use cupcake liners or saran wrap to help mold your bath bombs.)
- The bath bombs are ready to use once they are completely dry. To use, just drop them in the tub/shower until they dissolve.