- 1 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend (Recommended: Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend, Serenity Calming Blend, Lavender, Frankincense, Wild Orange, or Rosemary essential oil)
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, mix on high speed with a wire whisk attachment for 6-7 minutes, or until whipped into a light, airy consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator during warmer summer months to prevent melting.
Moisturizing Body Butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 4 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 4 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- If the coconut oil is solid, melt until soft and a little bit runny.
- Add the oils and mix well.
- Store in a small glass jar with tight fitting lid.
- Use as needed for relief!
Wild Orange Body Butter
- 1 cup shaved coconut butter (You can find raw coconut butter on Amazon and in health food stores)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons almond oil
- 8 drops of vitamin E oil (available at Trader Joes and other health food stores)
- 8 drops of Wild Orange essential oil
1. Soften coconut butter in the microwave if it's solid. Melt in the microwave in 5 second intervals, you want it soft like butter… not liquid.
2. Whip up the cocoa butter with a hand mixer and slowly add your almond oil.
3. Add the Vitamin E oil and your essential oils and stir together to fully incorporate.
4. Store in an airtight container.
5. Scoop the body butter out of the container with clean hands.
6. Should last for up to 3 months.
7. Use as a body lotion to make hands and skin soft, smooth and smelling amazing.
Aromatic Body Butter
- 1/2 cup Shea Butter
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 30 drops total of your favorite essential oils or oil blends. Suggested oils: Lavender essential oil, Serenity Calming Blend, Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend*, Elevation Joyful Blend, On Guard Protective Blend, Peppermint essential oil, Wild Orange essential oil, or Grapefruit essential oil.
- Measure all butters and oils in glass jar.
- Fill a large skillet/saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the glass jar to the center of the saucepan to melt and combine ingredients.
- Stir with a popsicle stick every few minutes until the ingredients are melted and combined. (10-15 minutes)
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add essential oils. Once essential oils are added and incorporated, let it rest in a cool place (such as the refrigerator) until it has set.
- Once chilled, take out of refrigerator. With a stand or hand mixer, start on low and slowly turn the speed higher until the lotion becomes light and fluffy (around 3-5 minutes).
- Store mixture in a glass jar and keep in a cool place.
Note: The body butter should be stored in a cool place. If you need to re-fluff the body butter you can simply whip it back up to the consistency you like with a hand mixture.
* Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application. The personal care products such as the skincare, lotions, etc. are a little different. The shampoo and cleansers are wash off products so there is no concern there, as well as the products that stay on such as the lip balm and lotion are found in a small, appropriate amounts that will not cause any phototoxic harm. Because we work closely with experts in formulations, we are able to provide a safe formulation. Essential oils at full strength on their own are very potent and is why they carry the photosensitivity warning.