Keep the kids busy while calming them down--Shhh! It's a secret! Make Lavender play dough! You could use any kid friendly oil you want…Wild Orange, Peppermint or Lemon essential oils would work as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups colored water (depends on the scent you choose, purple water could be Lavender essential oil, orange for the Wild Orange essential oil, etc.)
- 1 cup salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 5 drops essential oils
- Combine everything but the oils in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put the saucepan on medium heat and stir with a spatula until the ingredients form a ball.
- Remove from heat and set it on parchment paper to cool.
- Once the play dough is cooled off, knead in the essential oil of your choice thoroughly.
- Store the mixture in an air tight plastic container in the fridge.