With a touch of Ginger essential oil, these drops are great for on-the-go families and commuters.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3-5 drops Ginger essential oil*
- Combine sugar, water, honey and butter in a heavy pot.
- Cook slowly over medium heat until is reach the "hard crack stage", checking it often.
- Do NOT turn up the heat higher to speed up the process! It will burn!
- It is done when you can drizzle a spoonful of the syrup into a cup of cold water and have it turn to brittle threads--take it off the heat immediately.
- Count to 30-60 and then stir in the Ginger essential oil.
- Pour into a greased cookie sheet.
- Fold edges of the candy into the middle until cool enough to handle.
- Working quickly, pull and roll into long strips...and cut into nickle size pieces.
- Allow to cool completely and harden.
- If your drops have been cooked long enough, you'll be able to store them in a ziploc bag unwrapped.
- If they are a bit soft and still sticky, wrap them in waxed paper squares and store in a ziploc bag.
* You could replace Ginger essential oil with On Guard Protective Blend, for immune boosting benefits.