Have you ever looked at the ingredient list on your mouthwash? Do you know what all those ingredients are, and how they affect not just your mouth, but your body?? Neither do we!
Making your own mouthwash that is free of chemicals, perfumes, preservatives, and artificial colors with two simple ingredients—water and essential oils—is simple!
- 10 drops of essential oil(s)
- 2 cups water (distilled, filtered, or boiled water--boiled water should be cooled to room temperature before putting in the bottle)
- 16 oz dark glass bottle (you can purchase a bottle here)
Recommended Oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, On Guard Protective Blend, Peppermint, Wild Orange or Cinnamon essential oils
- Put 10 drops of the essential oil(s) of your choice into the glass bottle.
- Pour in 2 cups of distilled, filtered, or boiled water into glass bottle.
- When using, shake first and take a small sip of your homemade mouthwash. Swish around your mouth and gargle for 30 seconds. Easy as that!
There are many essential oils you could use in your mouthwash. Below are a few suggested oils you could use, by themselves, or by combining two or more to make a blend. Be careful when using Cinnamon as it can be irritating if too much is used. Start with 1 drop and gradually increase if desired.