Back to Top
DIY Liquid Laundry Detergent
- 4 cups hot boiled water
- 1 Bath Bar
- 1 cup washing soda (not the same as Baking Soda, you'll find it on the detergent isle in most stores)
- 1/4 cup Borax
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- 30 drops Lemon essential oil
- 30 drops Grapefruit OR Clove essential oil
- Grate the soap bar using the coarse side of you cheese grater.
- Combine the soap flakes and hot water in a large saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until the soap is melted.
- Fill the 5 gallon bucket half full with very hot water.
- Add the melted soap mixture, the washing soda, and the borax. Stir until all the powder is dissolved.
- Fill the rest of the bucket with very hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
- The next morning, stir the essential oils into the laundry soap mixture.
- Transfer you detergent to a bunch of clean used laundry jugs, or find new ones here.