- 3 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons beeswax
- 3 Tablespoons baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 5 drops Wild Orange essential oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- empty, sterilized deodorant container (available here)
- Melt the coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler.
- Slowly add the arrowroot and baking soda, mix well.
- Add the essential oils, mix well.
- Pour mixture into the container.
- Let sit 24 hours before using.
Alternative Lavender Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax pellets
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 vitamin E capsule (4–6 drops)
- 5 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 empty 2.65 deodorant container, available here
- Combine coconut oil and beeswax pellets in a heat-proof glass bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Place bowl or measuring cup in a sauce pan filled with an inch of water.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Stir in cornstarch, baking soda, and the oil from one vitamin E capsule.
- Remove from heat, and add essential oils.
- Quickly pour mixture into an empty deodorant container.
- Wait for mixture to harden and cool completely, and then start enjoying your all-natural essential oil deodorant!
- 1/4 cup aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot (can substitute with cornstarch)
- 3-5 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 15 drops desired essential oil(s) - see recommendations below
- 1 empty deodorant container (you can also purchase one here)
Recommended essential oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, Lavender, On Guard Protective Blend, Lime, Geranium, Lemongrass, Purify Cleansing Blend, and/or Thyme essential oils.
If you live in a warm climate, add one ounce of melted shea or cocoa butter to recipe.
1. Combine baking soda, arrowroot, and essential oil into bowl.
2. Combine coconut oil with other ingredients one tablespoon at a time until mixture is at the desired consistency.
3. Press firmly into an empty deodorant container and let sit until the coconut oil solidifies.